Audrey Hepburn’s youngest sun, Luca Dotti, talks about his mothers’ wellness philosophy in an recent interview with Yahoo. Living a healthy life apparently made her happy.
Also read: Beauty icon: Audrey Hepburn
The beauty icon struggled with cancer quite a while before she passed away at 63. She had “had a natural instinct toward a healthy habit,” Luca explains. This is some of the things Audrey did to live a happier life:
1) Drink a lot of water: “She insisted so much on everybody…drinking a lot of water…She was really about drinking a lot of water and eating a lot of vegetables. It was a matter of how she was brought up.”
2) Eat meat sparingly: “She ate meat, but very little, in little doses. She [ate] 80 percent fruit and vegetables.”
3) Don’t fear aging: “She had a very healthy vision of her own seasons. She wasn’t afraid at all of getting old. Of course she was complaining about the wrinkles, the white hair, but she really enjoyed her older years.”
4) Make potatoes a staple: “Potatoes were a big, big part of her diet…for her, they were a sustainable thing.”
5) Enjoy the little things in life: “She had more than a positive outlook. She was naïve in the sense that she was like a young girl. Every time that she found something new, or went to a market, or got a new recipe, she wasn’t blasé. She was so excited, like a little girl. She took life by the day.”
Read the full interview on Yahoo.com.